Become one with the Niyodo River, the clearest river in Japan, on this see-through kayak experience.
This is a special kayaking experience that can only be experienced in Shikoku. On this transparent kayaking tour you can see the bottom of the Niyodo River and its marine life from beneath you as if you were right there in the water with the fish.
If the weather conditions are right, you can also experience a midair boat ride, where the boat appears to be floating. To paddle along the clearest river in Japan while soaking in the surrounding greenery is a rejuvinating experience which will relax you and give you a workout at the same time.
There is almost no current running in the river, and experienced instructors will accompany you, so even children can enjoy partake. The experience will be filmed with a drone, and you will be able to take the pictures home afterwards.
• Be suspended in a clear-bottomed kayak over the bluest and most pristine river in Japan
• Enjoy kayaking in a calm environment without a heavy current which even kids can do
• Delight in the natural scenery of Kochi which is 85% forest-clad
• Learn about the Niyodo area with an English speaking guide
• Changing rooms and lockers are available at the experience site.
• Please bring clothes that can get wet, footwear, a towel, and a change of clothes.
• The experience is held from March to November. During this period, tours are held every day.
• The minimum age for the experience is 6 years old, but pre-school children are welcome if accompanied by a guardian.
• Please note that the clarity of the river depends on weather conditions.
• Please be at the meeting place at least 15 minutes before the start time.
|Price||¥7,500 / person
If you pay by credit card, an additional fee of 2.8% of the total payment will be charged.
|Hours of availability||
• Hotel pick up and drop off
Niyodogawa Outdoor Center
1 hour and 30 minutes from Kochi Airport by car.
1 hour and 10 minutes from JR Kochi Station by car.