Enjoy beautiful heritage and culture in the ancient capital of Kamakura.
|Duration||5 hours (approx.)|
|Hours of availability||
Start time 9:30, scheduled end time 14:30
· English Speaking Guide
· Food and drinks
JR Kamakura station, east exit.
Kamakura is a popular tourist city in Japan for Muslim travelers around the world.
Kamakura is surrounded by open sea and has lush mountains surrounding on three sides. “Minamotono Yoritomo” constructed this area at the end of the 12th century. This is known as the Kamakura Shogunate. There are many tourists around the many historic sites, temples, and shrines. It is an international tourist spot to visit.
The tour will start from Kamakura Station, from where we go to Jōmyō-ji by bus. Zen philosophy will be explored in the formality of the temple setting. Under the "Control of Gozan," Jōmyō-ji is at the fifth place along the "Kamakura Gozan (Temple)” range, and this is high Kamakura's most prestigious temple. You can enjoy a beautiful garden of dry landscape in a space of silence at Jōmyō-ji. Afterwards, immediately opposite the bamboo forest in the garden, we visit the beautiful patriotic temple of Jōmyō-ji. Hokokuji is a popular tourist spot that is essential to tourism in Kamakura and won three stars in the 2013 "Michelin Green Guide Japon" guidebook. At Hokoku temple, you will enjoy the delicious green tea and a beautiful, fantastic bamboo forest reminiscent of Arashiyama in Kyoto. After the Hokoku temple visit, we return to Kamakura Station by bus and have lunch at the "Blacksmith" located along Komachi street that extends from the station to the Tsuruoka Hachiman Shrine. At the "blacksmith," seafood bowls using halal soy sauce and tempura bowls also using a halal sauce, have been provided, and there are also such things as a grilled fish meal on the lunch menu. With confidence towards your faith you can enjoy the cuisine of Japan. After lunch you will enjoy shopping on Komachi street where there are souvenirs that make Kamakura unique. Then we go to Tsurugaoka Hachiman Shrine. Tsurugaoka Hachiman Shrine is known widely as the guardian deity of the warrior (samurai). At the shrine of Yukari Yoritomo you learn about the Kamakura shogunate during Japan's first samurai regime. Around the approach at Genpei pond in the spring you can find stunning cherry blossoms in full bloom. There is also a very impressive as well as festive display of traditional samurai known as "Yabusame (Horseback archery)." The area is said to be spiritually strong, and a large ginkgo tree that fell due to strong winds now has elongating shoots. This has gained popularity as a symbol of regeneration. Under the savvy of your guide, enjoy to your heart's content the ancient capital of Kamakura.
· Beautiful dry landscape garden Jōmyō-ji
· Cool and relaxing garden at a mossy bamboo forest at the temple
· Enjoy Hokoku temple surrounded by fantastic bamboo forest, including a "tea experience"
· A delicious seafood lunch at “Blacksmith”
· Kamakura commemorative photo of Tsurugaoka Hachiman Shrine tour
· Shopping at Komachi street for unique Kamakura souvenirs
· Please add 3000 yen per group to the tour price for hotel pick up.
· For a limited time in August and September, a watermelon splitting experience in Yuigahama can be arranged. If you wish to experience this, please give notice at least one day in advance. An additional 1000 yen will be charged per person.
· Tour duration can be extended at a rate of 1,000 yen per person, per half hour, payable in cash.